Frequently Asked Questions
- Create an account
- Complete an online form for each entry.
- Remember to upload a cover image through the online form.
- Payment must accompany each entry.
- All entries and payments must be received by 4:00pm EST, February 29, 2016. The submissions deadline has been extended.
How do I know if my magazine is eligible?
Your magazine is eligible to enter the Canadian Cover Awards if it is an English- or French-language magazine, with single copies sold in Canada, containing a minimum average of 80% Canadian editorial content (written and/or edited by Canadians in Canada).
What issues of my magazine are eligible?
Submitted issues must be sales final at the time of submission All issues distributed on Canadian newsstands in 2015 (September 2014 - September 2015) that are now sales final are eligible. (All sales to be verified by your National Distributor. A statement from your distributor must accompany your entry.)
What are the Award Categories?
The following categories are available for the Canadian Cover Awards: Women's Service; News, Business, Celebrity; Men's Service; Home & Decor; Sports & Leisure; General Interest, Arts, Lifestyle & Regional; SIPs & New Magazines; Small Magazines. More information.
Who can submit an entry?
Entries MUST be submitted by the publishing company.
What information do I need to submit an entry?
- Newsstand sales for the issue being submitted.
- Newsstand sales for the same issue last year.
- Sell-through for the issue being submitted.
- Sell-through for the same issue last year.
- Cover JPEG (1024 x 768).
- Include a statement from your distributor.
- Information on any special promotions done for the issue.
- Names of the staff you'd like to receive credit for the sales success of the issue.
- Entry fee(s).
How much does it cost to enter?
It depends how many entries you submit. The first entry is $90, the second is $75 and each additional entry after that is $55. For the Small Magazine Category, it is $35 per entry. There is no cost when nominating someone for the Newsstand Marketer of the Year.
When and where are the Cover Awards taking place?
The 2016 Canadian Cover Awards are taking place March 22, 2016 at the Courtyard Toronto Downtown (475 Yonge Street).
What are the requirements for the cover upload?
The cover uploaded with your entry must be a JPEG file (1024 x 768). Maximum size: 5MB.
How does judging work?
Newsstand sales are worth a full 50 percent of the final score of the magazine title! The other 50 percent is determined by five qualified judges from the industry: a retailer, a wholesaler, a national distributor, a circulation director and an art director.
I submitted award entries last year. How do I find out my username and password is?
Contact Magazines Canada / CMC for your existing account information.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Magazines Canada / CMC